This is just a copy of old site news
- May 10th, 2005
- Platform upgraded to 1.7.0.
- Feb 3rd, 2006 : A major security hole found in Linux
This does not directly concern XtremWeb, but may occur on Linux machines, including Linux workers:
It seems that Linux kernel, up to 2.4.23, does not include OOM (Out Of Memory) process. This may leads to serious damages, including data loss, if any process (submitted with XtremWeb or not) requests far more than available memory.
Linux 2.6.x does not seem to suffer such lacks.
This is still under expertise…
- Decembre 15th, 2005
- Platform upgraded to 1.5.0.
- Septembre 15th, 2005
- EGEE/XtremWeb : a new gliding
- August 23th, 2005
- Platform upgraded to 1.5.0-beta.
- April 20th, 2005
- Platform upgraded to 1.4.0.
- January 20th, 2005
- Platform upgraded to 1.3.11.
- January 14th, 2005
- Platform upgraded to 1.3.10.
- August 6th, 2004
- Platform upgraded to 1.3.5.
- July 1st, 2004
- Platform upgraded to 1.2.0 ;
- Documentation available : please click here
- Downloads available : please click here.
- Jun 25th, 2004
- More than 7,000 jobs executed : please click here.
- Jan 23rd, 2004
The full production process is now installed :
- the platform processes Aires simulations on demand, using the XtremWeb client;
- simulation results are automatically stored on HPSS storage at CC IN2P3.
- Oct 31th, 2003
XtremWeb v1r2-rc5 installed at LAL